nSpaas Publishing is:
Composer For Film
Gemini nominated composer Dave Klotz has worked in almost every creative facet of the music business. A native Torontonian, Dave’s early career involved composition, performance, arrangement, production, engineering and touring with a variety of musical acts. He has toured extensively in North America and Europe as a professional keyboardist, and has appeared on a multitude of albums.
Dave’s true calling however, has always been scoring for film. Over the past 20 years, Dave has been credited for composition in film and television for productions spanning from Toronto, to Los Angeles and Hong Kong.
One Foot Out Of The Box…….One Foot In
Dave is a graduate of the York University music program, where he received a BFA Music degree with honors, specializing in ethnomusicology, composition and avant-garde electronic music. With such a broad pallet of influences to draw upon, Dave is naturally a rather versatile composer. He can be sensitive, emotive, poignant, aggressive, abrasive, dramatic, dynamic, or just downright weird when necessary. He has a knack for both supporting and emphasizing the energy and emotional shifts of visual storytelling.
Body of Work
Below is a selection of featured credits from the repertoire of Dave Klotz. For a complete list of Dave’s credits, please see:
- Disasters At Sea (2019-2020) – Various / Exploration Prod.
- Forgive Don’t Forget (2017) – Brad J Bennet / Shaking Hands Prod.
- Sky On Fire (2016) – Ringo Lam / Skyland Film-Television CD
- Road To Red (2016) – Tito da Costa / Worldwide Artists
- Make It Pop (2015-2016) – Steve Wright (+Various) / DHX Media
- Wild City (2015) – Ringo Lam / East Light Film Co.
- Saint Bernard (2013) – Gabriel Bartalos / Center Ring Ent.
- The Unleashed (2013) – Manuel H. Da Silva / Dark House Films
- Punished (2011) – Wing-Cheong Law / Milky Way Image Co.
- Nexus (2010) – Neil Coombs / Caged Angel Films
- Linger (2008) – Johnny To / Milky Way Image Co.
- Iris Chang: The Rape of Nanking (2008) – Anne Pick-Bill Spahic / Real to Reel Prod.
- Eye In The Sky (2007) – Nai-Hoi Yau / Milky Way Image Co.
- Triangle (2007) – Ringo Lam-Johnny To-Hark Tsui / MWIC
- Exiled (2006) – Johnny To / Milky Way Image Co.
- Fulltime Killer (2001) – Johnny To-Ka-Fai Wai/Milky Way Image Co.
- Replicant (2001) – Ringo Lam / Millennium Films
Contact Dave Klotz
Have a question, comment or project to discuss? Please contact Dave Below.